class 9 science mcqs
Class 9 Science MCQs
Science education is essential for building a strong knowledge base and critical class 9 science MCQs multiple-choice inquiries (MCQs) for class 9 science have gained popularity as a technique for scientific education evaluation. MCQs assist students in developing their capacity for problem-solving and analysis while also testing their understanding. This essay clarifies the value of Class 9 science MCQs in the classroom and how they may support a thorough educational process.
Class 9 Science MCQs: Enhance Your Problem-Solving Skills
1. In which of the following scenarios would the separation between hydrogen gas molecules increase?
I. Increasing the pressure on hydrogen within a sealed container
II. Leaking some hydrogen gas from the container
III. III. Increasing the hydrogen gas container’s capacity
IV. By expanding the container’s hydrogen gas content without expanding the container’s capacity.
(a) (i) and (iii)
(b) (i) and (iv)
(c) (ii) and (iii)
(d) (ii) and (iv)
Answer (c) (ii) and (iii)
2. A kind of substance has a defined volume but no fixed shape. This type of stuff can be exemplified by:
(c) Carbon steel
(d) Carbon dioxide
Answer (b) Kerosene
3. Which of the following statements is true for pure substances?
(i) There is only one sort of particle in pure substances.
(ii) Pure substances can be compounds or mixes.
(iii) The constitution of pure substances is constant throughout.
(iv) All elements other than nickel can serve as examples of pure substances.
(a) (i) and (ii)
(b) (i) and (iii)
(c) (iii) and (iv)
(d) (ii) and (iii)
Answer: b) (i) and (iii)
4. Blood and seawater are (a) both mixtures
(b) both are compounds
(c) blood is a mixture whereas seawater is a compound
(d) Seawater and blood are both mixtures.
Answer: (a) both mixtures
5. In ammonia, nitrogen and hydrogen is in ratio ………….. by mass.
6. Atomic radius is measured in…………
7. Negatively charged ions called…………..
a) Electric current
8. ‘Fern’ is related to which species?
Answer: (c) Pteridophyta
9) What is the S.I unit of force?
Answer: (d) Newton
10) What species can you name that can indicate the level of air pollution?
Answer: (d) Lichens
11) Which isotope is utilized to produce energy in nuclear power plants?
(a) Uranium 235
(b) Iodine 131
(c) Cobalt 60
(d) Uranium 238
Answer: (a) Uranium 235
12. Which elemental feature governs an element’s chemical behavior?
(a) Size of an element
(b) Valency of an element
(c) Molar mass of the element
(d) None of these
Answer: (b) Valency of an element
13. You’ve probably seen that fruit appears green when it’s unripe but turns a gorgeous shade when it’s ripe. What do you think the cause of this hue shift is?
(a) Chloroplasts change to chromoplasts
(b) Chromosplasts change to chromosomes
(c) Chloroplasts change to chromosomes
(d) Chromosplasts change to chloroplasts
Answer: (a) Chloroplasts change to chromoplasts
14. The process of plasmolysis in plant cells is defined as:
(a) Plasma membrane degeneration in a hypotonic solution.
(b) Cytoplasmic shrinkage in a hypertonic media.
(c) Shrinkage of Nucleoplasm.
(d) None of these.
Answer: (b) Cytoplasmic shrinkage in a hypertonic media.
15.) ……………… tissues are loosely held and stores food in plant
a) Parenchyma tissue
b) Meristematic tissue
c) Permanent tissue
d) None of them
16. Select the statement that most accurately sums up the traits of the kingdom that the mushroom belongs to:
(a) Unicellular prokaryotic organisms
(b) Saprophytic, eukaryotic, multicellular organisms
(c) Unicellular eukaryotic organisms
(d) Autotrophic eukaryotic organisms
Answer.(b) Saprophytic, eukaryotic, multicellular organisms
17. From the list below, pick the one that accurately sums up what spirogyra is like.
(a) Multicellular, auto trophic, root-like rhizoids.
(b) Cytoplasmic strands, autotrophic, presence of rhizome.
(c) Presence of male cones, nonvascular, filaments.
(d) Filamentous, with cytoplasmic threads and pyrenoids present.
Answer. (d) Filamentous, with cytoplasmic threads and pyrenoids present
18. Which among the following is a common feature of chordates?
(a) Presence of notochord
(b) Presence of a triploblastic condition
(c) Presence of coelom
(d) Presence of gill pouches
Answer.(a) Presence of notochord
19.) If a man hold an object of mass 20 kg at 1.3 m then the value of work done will be
a) 26 J
b) 30 J
c) 20 J
d) 0 J
Answer: d) 0 J
20.) We can derive the formula for kinetic energy is from —
a) Definition of acceleration
b) Second equation of kinematics
c) Third equation of kinematics
d) Equation of potential energy
Answer: c) third equation of kinematics.
Class 9 science MCQs efficiently assess students’ comprehension, stimulate idea application, foster critical thinking abilities, and help with time management. MCQs help students prepare for competitive examinations and spot misunderstandings. Teachers may provide students with a thorough and interesting learning experience while also promoting a better understanding of science and its tenets by including well-designed MCQs in their lesson plans. if you want to Question Paper of AMU Entrance Question Paper 2023