Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Ranks by Ranking Agencies 2021
Aligarh Muslim University or Amu Ranks is improving year by year from 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 to 2021. It is a public central university in Aligarh, India. which was originally established by Sir Syed Ahmad Khan because of the Muhammadan Anglo-Oriental College in 1875. Its three off-campus centers in Malappuram (Kerala), AMU Murshidabad center (West Bengal), and Kishanganj Centre (Bihar).
Amu Ranks 2021
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has been positioned (fourth) among Government Universities (General) in India in the as of late delivered rankings for 2021 by lofty “India Today” magazine.
AMU has additionally been positioned (2nd) in the country for offering the biggest number of PG Courses and (3rd) for the largest number of licenses conceded during the beyond three years among the Government Universities in the country.
QS World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings is a yearly publication of university rankings by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS). Previously referred to as Times Higher Education–QS World University Rankings, the publisher had collaborated with Times education (THE) magazine to publish its international league tables from 2004 to 2009 before both began to announce their versions. QS Then chose to continue using the pre-existing methodology, while THE adopted a replacement methodology to make their rankings.
In partnership with Elsevier, the QS system now comprises the worldwide overall and subject rankings. Being the sole international ranking to possess received International Ranking Expert Group (IREG) approval, the QS ranking is viewed together of the three most widely read university rankings within the world.
According to QS World University Ranking, AMU ranks following positions:
- 801-1000th in the World (2020)
- 251-260th in Asia (2020)
- 138th in the BRICS countries (2019)
- 31st in India.
- Subject Ranking – 301-350th in the World
National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF)
Parameter and their Weightages
The approved set of parameter groups and therefore the weightages assigned to them in respect of institutions offering programs in engineering, management, pharmacy, and architecture are given within the following table. The approved set of parameter groups and therefore the weightage assigned to them in respect of overall rating and for colleges are given within the following table, for 2018. According to the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), AMU ranks following positions:
- 31st – Overall ranking in India(2020)
- 17th – In Indian Universities (2020)
- 18th – Overall ranking in India(2019)
- 11th – In Indian Universities (2019)
- 13th – In Medical Institutions(2019)
- 40th – In Engineering(2019)
- 59th – In Management (2019)
- 17th – Overall ranking in India(2018)
- 10th – In Indian Universities (2018)
- 19th – In Medical Institutions(2018)
- 35th – In Engineering(2018)
- 49th – In Management (2018)
India Today - Amu ranks
Times Higher education World University Rankings
Times Higher education World University Rankings is an annual publication of university rankings by Times Higher education (THE) magazine. The publisher had collaborated with Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) to publish the joint THE–QS World University Rankings from 2004 to 2009 before it turned to Thomson Reuters for a new ranking system from 2010–2013. The magazine signed a replacement affect Elsevier in 2014 that now provides them with the info wont to compile the rankings.
The inaugural 2010-2011 methodology contained 13 separate indicators grouped under five categories: Teaching (30 percent of ultimate score), research (30 percent), citations (research impact) (worth 32.5 percent), and international mix (5 percent), and industry income (2.5 percent). The ultimate methodology also included the weighting signed to each of the 13 indicators, shown below:
According to Times Higher Education (THE) magazine, AMU ranks following positions:
- 801-1000th – In the World (2020)
- 201-250th – In Asia (2020)
- 7th – In Indian Higher Education Institutes (2018)
- 1st – In Indian Universities(2018)
- 90th – In Asian Universities (2015)
- 9th – In top 10 Institutions of Higher Learning in India (2014)
- 3rd – In Indian Universities (2014)
The Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) - Amu ranks 2020
The Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) publishes the sole global university ranking that measures the standard of education and training of scholars also because of the prestige of the school members and therefore the quality of their research without counting on surveys and university data submissions.
Seven objective and robust indicators to rank the world’s universities:
- Quality of Education, measured by the number of a university’s alumni who have won major international awards, prizes, and medals relative to the university’s size (25%).
- Alumni Employment, measured by the number of a university’s alumni who have held CEO positions at the world’s top companies relative to the university’s size (25%).
- Quality of college, measured by the amount of academics who have won major international awards, prizes, and medals (10%).
- Research Output, measured by the entire number of research papers (10%)
- High-Quality Publications, measured by the number of research papers appearing in top-tier journals (10%)
- Influence, measured by the number of research papers appearing in highly-influential journals (10%)
- Citations, measured by the amount of highly-cited research papers (10%)
According to The Center for World University Rankings (CWUR), AMU ranks following positions in 2019-20:
- 1165th – In the World Universities
- 6th – In Indian Universities
- 22nd – In Indian Educational institutions
- 1421st – In Alumni Employment Ranking
- 1114th – In Research Performance Ranking
Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA)
Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) is an initiative of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India to systematically rank all major higher educational institutions and universities in India on indicators associated with “Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development” amongst students and faculties.
Major Indicators for consideration
- Budget & Funding Support.
- Infrastructure & Facilities.
- Awareness, Promotions & support for Idea Generation & Innovation.
- Promotion & Support for Entrepreneurship Development. Innovative
- Learning Methods & Courses.
- Intellectual Property Generation, Technology Transfer & Commercialization.
- Innovation in Governance of the Institution.
Quite a quantity, ARIIA will specialize in the quality of innovations and an attempt to measure the important impact created by these innovations nationally and internationally. Moreover, ARIIA will set the tone and direction for institutions for future development for creating them globally competitive and in forefront of innovation. According to ARIIA Ranking,
AMU placed in Band-A (Rank 11th-25th) in 2020.
The Week - Amu ranks
The Week is an Indian news magazine founded within the year 1982 and is published by The Malayala Manorama Co. Ltd. Consistent with the Audit Bureau of Circulations, it’s the most important circulated English news magazine in India. The Week was launched by The Malayala Manorama Co. Ltd in December 1982.
According to “The Week” Magazine, AMU ranks 6th among the Indian Universities.
The outlook may be a weekly general-interest English and Hindi news magazine published in India. The outlook was first issued in October 1995 with Vinod Mehta because the editor in chief. it’s owned by the Rajan Raheja Group. The publisher is Outlook Publishing (India) Pvt. Ltd.
According to “The Outlook” magazine, AMU ranks 25th among the Indian Universities.
AMU Ranks in Earlier Years
- AMU Ranked 50th, among top 100 institutions of Higher learning in BRICS grouping-2014.
- AMU Ranked 5th, “The Week-Hansa” Research (Best Universities Survey) 2014